Saturday 7 July 2012

A Runners progress

Welcome!

This blog will focus on runner's and those 'nuances' that pop up every now and then. Those injuries that we are sure this time will be a 'career ender' and threaten the very way we define ourselves as a 'runner'.

At the ripe old age of 35 I have been a middle distance runner since the age of seven! Through those years I have put my body through a lot, all in the name of enjoyment, competition and without doubt some obsession. One of the potential results from all this is of course soft tissue injuries usually overuse in nature. Through my time I have had more than you can poke a stick at!! Everything from Achilles, Plantar fascia pain, stress reactions, irritating bursal problems and a malady of cortisone injections to go with them

My day to day job as a soft tissue therapist deals with acute and overuse soft tissue injuries with a particular interest in running related injuries. On this blog I hope to share some insightful information on topics relating to this and some handy tips on management of soft tissue injuries. Of course, seek professional advice if you do have an injury rather than self diagnosing.

I will update this blog as often as possible and take a look at some common injuries and some not so common injuries and ways of managing those

Until next update,

Happy running

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment